Monday 31 January 2011

Clare Qualifies for the Australian Open

Clare Queen survived a triple bogey today at her last hole to qualify for the Handa Australian Women's Open which tees off at the Commonwealth Golf Club in Melbourne's sand belt on Thursday.
She joins Kylie Walker (The Carrick at Loch Lomond) who was exempt from pre-qualifying but a third Scot, Lynn Kenny (Archerfield Links), failed to come through.
Clare, finished joint fourth in the eliminating 18-hole round at Kingswood Golf Club with a one-under-par 72. Only the leading eight qualified for the main event.
"I was four under par on the ninth tee, my last hole, and had a triple bogey to make it by one shot," said Clare in an E-mail to Kirkwoodgolf.co.uk
"I started at the 10th and birdied 11, 16, 18 and eight. I hadn't dropped a shot until the last hole but just need to put it behind me, I played really well and am now looking forward to the week."

No comments: