Saturday 12 May 2012

Rachael Taylor shoots best-ever round of 66

Thanks go to Colin Farquharson for this report --
E-mail from Rachael Taylor (Based in Germany)
Just wanted to let you know that I am playing with my team Golf Club Am Reichswald in the Bavarian Ladies Team Championships this week. The top eight Bavarian teams compete for the title.
The teams play a stroke-play round the first day and the top four teams compete for the title. I had a fantastic first round yesterday (Thursday) and finished with a nine under par (and personal best) leading round of 66!
It feels great to have achieved that score. My drives were straight and I just kept knocking the ball in for birdies!
It went past so quickly it hasn't quite sunk in yet.
The matchplay stages start today and my team and I will come up against Münchener Golf−Club e.V, the defending champions. They beat us in a play-off last year so we are looking forward to a good match.You can see the scores on http://www.bayerischer-golfverband.de/
There will be live scoring again today.
I will be in Scotland for the St Rule at the end of the month.

Regards Rachael