Saturday 12 November 2011

Mhairi McKay is inducted into Stanford University Athletics Hall of Fame

Mhairi, an Honorary Member of LLCGA, who is a member of the LPGA tour was yesterday inducted into Stanford University Athletics Hall of Fame. The following is an extract from the Stanford University website.

What are some of your thoughts about being selected to Stanford's Athletic Hall Fame?

When the phone call came from the athletic department informing me of my selection for the Hall of Fame I remember just being completely stunned and taken aback. Such an honor I had given no thought to. Obviously I was aware of the great Stanford golfers already inducted, Mickey Wright, Tom Watson, Tiger Woods to name but a few; their stratospheric achievements have been an inspiration to me throughout my career. Following in their footsteps is very surreal, flattering and humbling.

To view the full story click on the link below.